HARDWOOD INSTALLATION In South Williamsport, PA
Learn what to expect before, during, and after your hardwood installation with Echo Flooring Gallery.
Before Hardwood Installation
Hardwood installation is a rigorous and complex process that is best left up to the professionals. Learn more about what to expect before your hardwood flooring installation below.
- You will complete a walkthrough with our crew before the installation takes. This is a good time to discuss goals, overall timeline, and subflooring considerations and for you to ask any questions that you might have.
- Complete any painting work before your new flooring is installed.
- Make sure pets and small children are not present on installation day.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older is able to be home during the hardwood installation.
- The hardwood planks may need to be acclimated to the temperature of the room. This will be discussed in advance.
- Once all this is completed, we will begin your hardwood installation.
During & After Hardwood Installation
- Hardwood floors can be installed via a glue-down or nail-down process. Once the subflooring work is finished, we will launch into the installation.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, the general process involves spreading adhesives on your subflooring and laying the hardwood planks individually.
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, the crew will use nails,
- When finished, we will complete a walkthrough of the job site with you.
- We recommended running a fan for 24 hours to remove any installation smells.
- Then you are free to enjoy your new hardwood floors.
Hardwood Care & Maintenance
Hardwood is durable and low-maintenance, but some basic care is required to keep your hardwood floors looking great. Learn more about establishing a routine for cleaning and how to address nasty spills and stains in our care guide today.